1. What is a foreclosed or bank-owned property?
A foreclosed or bank-owned property is a property acquired by the lender as a result of a foreclosure action on a mortgage. The lender becomes the property owner and offers it for sale.
2. Who can buy a bank-owned property?
Anyone! If you have the cash and/or can qualify for a mortgage, you can buy a bank-owned property.
3. Do you sell direct to the public?
We use our local listing real estate agents to coordinate the presentation of offers from potential buyers to Emigrant Bank.
4. Can I buy a bank-owned property as an investment?
Yes. Bank-owned properties listed are available to all buyers, including investors.
5. Are foreclosed homes cheaper than normal property listings?
Foreclosed homes often sell for less than comparable homes that have not gone through foreclosure. Many of the homes listed are priced below market value.
6. What is the condition of bank-owned properties listed on the website?
All bank-owned properties offered on the web site are sold "as-is". Emigrant Bank does not make any warranty or representation, expressed or implied, regarding properties for sale on our site. The buyer is expected to perform an inspection with a licensed contractor at their own expense.
7. I believe that Emigrant Bank owns a specific property. Why can't I find the property on your website?
Our listings are updated regularly. Please check again at a later date. You may also want to verify the property title information with your source.
8. Can you tell me details about a specific property such as list price, number of bedrooms and similar features?
Please contact the local real estate agent shown in the listing for more details concerning the property.
9. I already have a realtor. Can I present an offer through my realtor to Emigrant Bank?
You can ask your realtor to write your offer and present it to our local real estate agent, who will then present it to Emigrant Bank. The sale of our properties follows standard real estate procedures applicable to the state in which the property is located.
10. Does Emigrant Bank offer financing on these Emigrant bank-owned properties?
Yes. Emigrant offers financing to qualified applicants although, you are not obligated to obtain financing with Emigrant and acceptance of a bid is in no way conditioned on obtaining financing with Emigrant. If you are interested in one of our properties and plan to contact the agent, they will refer you to an Emigrant representative to discuss financing options that might be available to you. For general information about financing opportunities, please call Emigrant Mortgage Company at (212) 850-4848, Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM ET.